A trusting relationship between a client and a lawyer begins with transparency in fees. We offer flexible and customized billing options and discuss our fees in detail before you hire us so there will be no surprises.
We will work with your budget and provide cost-effective service without compromising on quality.
We offer the following custom fee structures:
We provide our real estate, corporate, and wills & estates clients with fixed fee billing arrangements to ensure predictability and allow individuals to budget effectively for the legal representation.
To a fixed fee billing arrangement, at the consultation we will:
1. discuss the scope and duration of the work required to complete the specific legal task; and
2. determine an appropriate fixed fee and provide a fixed quote so there will be no hidden fees.
If the project parameters change during the course of our engagement, we will discuss this with you and adjust the fees accordingly.
Our clients enjoy working with us on a fixed fee basis because it moves the focus away from fees and allows us to focus on delivering high quality services.
We offer hourly billing for non-transactional and litigation services because the scope of work may not always be predictable. We strive to provide an accurate estimate based on the work requested to ensure clients can still budget accordingly.
When working on an hourly fee basis, we are committed to keeping you informed in respect of the legal fees throughout the engagement and to being as transparent as possible to avoid any surprises. All litigation files are billed on an hourly basis, but we offer discounts for small claims court matters and returning clients.
Some of our clients, especially corporate clients, have ongoing legal needs and engage our services on a monthly retainer basis. A monthly retainer enables our clients to better manage their cash flow and create a budget for legal needs. To arrange a monthly retainer, we will need to:
1. discuss your needs at the consultation,
2. define the parameters of work covered by creating a mutually beneficial monthly fee arrangement that meets your specific business needs and objectives; and
3. communicate with you on an ongoing basis to ensure that the arrangement meets your needs.
A monthly retainer allows our clients to have peace of mind and predictability as we provide them with budget certainty on a month-to-month basis.
Many of our clients hire us for various legal needs, for example they may close a real estate purchase transaction with us and also prepare a will document. In certain cases where the client has a considerable amount of legal work in a given year, we offer a percentage discount that increases based on the overall volume of work.
This client loyalty discount allows individuals and business owners to develop a long-term relationship with our law firm so they will have a place to go for all of their various legal needs.
• Real Estate Clients who choose to close BOTH a purchase and a sale transaction with us will benefit from a $100 discount off the real estate legal fees
• Real Estate Clients who complete a closing will receive $50 off for updating their Wills & Estates